The SMC Summer School will take place over five days from August 26 to 30, 2016. It will give young researchers the opportunity to learn about some of the core interdisciplinary topics and to share their own experiences with other young researchers. The motto is Neurons and Networks, referring to the following topics:
• Brain-computer music interfaces
• Artificial neural networks for gesture recognition and complex mapping
• Networked music performance
• Elaborate loudspeaker networks for wave-field synthesis
• 3D spatialization techniques
The SMC Summer School will take place at the Hochschule für Musik und Theater Hamburg (Campus City Nord; Hebebrandstrasse 1, 22297 Hamburg). If you have already decided to attend the Summer School, you may want to find a hotel, hostel or private room soon as this will be a busy season in Hamburg with tons of excitement outside the conference.
Applications must be submitted by August 15, 2016 via the SMC 2016 conference system.
Applications must include the following documents in pdf format:
• Curriculum vitae (max. 1 page)
• Proof of university enrollment
• Short description of the student research interest and motivation to participate (max. 2 pages)